Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spotlight: Dot A. Wiggins, Owner of Uniquely Organized and Utilized (ME)

Spotlight:  Dot A. Wiggins, Owner of Uniquely Organized and Utilized; Promoter of many, Marketing Intern/Ex-tern, Assistant of many in various business settings, Virtual Assistant, Personal Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Coder/Biller, Patient Advocate, Learning Disability Advocate, Family Historian, Daughter, Cousin, Sister, Aunt, Wife, Daughter-In-Law, Sister-In-Law, Aunt, Mother,
  


Interview with myself: 
I am Dot A. Wiggins, better known to many as Dorothy Ann Herdman, or Dorothy Ann Wiggins.; or 919-219-2650..; Bill Wiggins' daughter-in-law or Charles Wiggins mom.







What in the heck does Uniquely Organized and Utilized do?  
 :) ha ha.. that is a question I get a lot. I will try to be concise and brief (two things I am NOT!); Uniquely Organized and Utilized is about recognizing the order and function available or easily obtainable to 'assist' anyone  (person, company, organization) improve or maintain productivity, effectiveness and purposeful activity to reach their goals.  I am highly capable (See my Linked In Profile for all the credential stuff) to do many services and administrative functions on my own, but prefer to consult-coach and assist someone in their ACTIONS and Strategic Plans.  I am a firm believer in the ideology phrase: "Where there is a WILL, there is a WAY" and "Together WE CAN make IT" and I fully build them into my life and business practices.  I am a Life long mentor/mentee and  networker, I usually know SOMEONE or a Friend of a Friend for any need or resource and I try to use direct contacts or references whenever possible.

 I will say what I do not do because that list is shorter, although I am adding things that I don't WANT to do, since I am finally embracing my authority and discovering MY Power to make DECISIONS.  I have many things pictured and written on my website tab "What We Do"

I DO NOT DO! 
High Pressure-Indiscriminate Sales
Cold Calls/ Spam-y or inconsiderate Marketing
Accounting/Bookkeeping 
Childcare
Editing
Fracking (ha ha)  
Global centered Marketing (I believe in relational/Local Business)
Government Grants or anything political
Heavy Lifting or Heights
Illegal Activities
Unethical or "Judgement" call practices (I utilize "Best Practices")
Anything involving nudity or sexual content (Romance is one thing, but it has to be tasteful and appropriate)
Risky plans 
    
Why don't you have any testimonials on your website?  
Well, the short answer is because people have not submitted any.  I try  to respect peoples decisions and to ask for things and then accept that someone does not want to do it and move on.   I talked to and sent messages when I was building my site and I offer the links to clients and ask them to post comments and then leave it at that.  I am not a big believer in "Self Marketing and Rate building", but have had to adapt this ideological notion after a Consult with a Business Consultant that helped me understand if I didn't promote myself and waited for promised assistance I was going to hurt my business.  My parents ingrained in me and my younger siblings, that working hard and doing things for people will speak for themselves and if you work hard, you won't have to worry about "selling yourself" others will do it for you with the most valuable advertising, WORD OF MOUTH.  So I focus on people and doing what I can to help others and let things take care of themselves, but as times are getting tougher economically, it has become necessary to revamp some of my theories and ideologies that are keeping me from reaching my goals and make by business the success it should be. 

A few people have written blogs or made posts on their sites, like my first Author but longtime friend and blogger friend did on her blog; http://allstace.blogspot.com/2012/09/uniquely-organized-and-utilized.html 

Many people said they were going to post comments or send me a testimonial and they didn't so I just removed that from my site and I try to work one on one with new clients.  I am a big believer in confidentiality and some of the services I have provided to people might be "personal" to them, so I share the comments when they are available and have sites available that have areas that people can post comments/testimonials and when they come in I share a post about them and I show them to clients who ask for testimonials. A few of the sites that have this capability are:  


Other Listing Sites:
With all your sites and information, which link best describes Dot A. Wiggins and answers how Uniquely Organized and Utilized is different and why you think "ANOTHER" organizer or organization company is necessary?    well the best site about me, is my personal blog and this post about Uniquely Organized and Utilized that I wrote after getting feedback and questions from close friends and family when I told them about my plans to open my own business instead of continuing to look for Full-time work (which was against medical advise and part-time is just not me)   http://fromtheheart-dotwigg.blogspot.com/2008/06/uniquely-orgainzed-and-utilized.html

The need for "Another" anything is present when EVERYONE cannot use a product or service because their personality or needs are not met by the practices, methods or professional.  Being the one in need and having to go to extraordinary measures to accomplish the goals encouraged me to look for ways to ease the pain that was necessary, and to find people that would adapt their methods to care for someone in the same situation I found myself in, and although we like to think we are the only one that has a situation or limitation, there is usually someone else suffering in silence.  

I make it my goal to improve my already "very good" empathy and sensitivity to others skills so that I can read between the lines and get to the "REAL" issues, problems and develop ways to overcome those without ever having to discuss them.  PAST is the past and once you get to your goal all the obstacles that had to be overcome are just part of the path and newly developed strengths and skills.  IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!  anyway that is my story and I am kicking that dust off my feet and moving forward.  It benefits nothing to play the "I have been through it and my pain and problems are worst than yours"  I usually came out on the loosing end because it is hard to explain a lot of my thinking and goals, things that I hold most important and worth fighting for, are but an annoyance to others.  Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and SEVERE Anxiety among some other things have made life interesting and have made me learn to do thing VERY differently and on a different time schedule than most people.  

I have and continue to work to do what I want with the setbacks, limits and all without burdening or inconveniencing anyone.  I just recently (last few years) learned to not explain myself or try to please others.  Like any baker or writer, or artist has their way and style, I too have a style and I can (if I choose to show it) prove my methods work.  

Bottom line what do you want from this interview?  What is the "Call to Action" for the reader of this blog? Well, not to be blunt and selfish but truthful... Check out the links, visit my sites and pages and learn about me and my services and then CALL ME!  I offer a Free 30 minute Consult "Meet and Greet", lets get together talk about your plans, your goals and lets set a plan to accomplish them.  I have learned that I have to be more clear and enforce GOAL Setting Basics, I personally like the SMART GOALS.  Simply saying, I want to the a success or I want to be a Best Seller is not a goal.  Goals must be: Going somewhere or Getting something NEW (Challenge) OBJECTIVE (systematically identified, way for feedback, timing/length,way to measure progress and issues that result from working toward the goal) ACHIEVABLE, LOGICAL, a blog post I wrote about Goal Setting

This blog gives an idea of me and how I do things, that 30 minutes can now be dedicated to learning about the client and their needs, wants and willingness to adapt in order to accomplish their goals.  If they are ready we can work on the PLAN, which is the next step toward getting to working toward their goals.  I schedule appointments on hour or blocks of hour basis, so I can easily add 30 minutes to a consult appointment if the client wants to get started right away.  Otherwise, we meet for 30 minutes and when they are ready to sign a contract I email them and they can send payment by paypal and we can get started.

I also offer Google chat, Facebook Chat's or Skype.  (Arranged by email.) and then we can review things.

Questions I ask are:

How did you hear about me?                     
Have you used a Virtual Assistant, freelance/contract worker for these before? 
What Kind of services are you looking for?  
What are your GOALS?             
Time schedule you expect to achieve these? 
What is your budget?         
What are your top 3 Priorities?

What tasks are you turning over to me to handle?
What tasks do you want to work on together?

Dot Wiggins, Owner of Uniquely Organized and Utilized
Links above, or Phone Number (919) 219-2650 
  
  

No comments: