Thursday, January 3, 2013

ABC's Of Planning and Organizing according to Dot: The Approach and Philosophy

This is the first in a series of ABC's of Planning and Organizing according to Dot:

This post is THE Approach and Philosophy of Uniquely Organized and Utilized

I get asked alot, HOW DO YOU DO your organizing, How Do You guarantee your work???.....

Well, I tried many Companies, and PROFESSIONALS that SAID they knew how to SOLVE my issues... as we went through my issues AT THEIR OFFICE, using THEIR MEASUREMENTS and THEIR Decisions to help me with MY STUFF, SPACE and Issues.  They knew very little about me and the more I tried to "explain and inform" them about me and my situation, they would say, Uh huh, I see.. "well that doesn't really change anything... this is how it needs to be done.   I left feeling really broken, totally overwhelmed, frustrated and overwhelmed with my situation and the homework for me to complete ALONE!  So silly me I thought there has to be a different way...  I talked to a few people, talked to friends and decided I AM GOING TO Research this and figure something out.


Summary of what I found was :

1.  There are foundational "Primary" things in every subject and situation that you must decide ARE and work with them.  Defining the terms and identities of the subject or situation is important to setup an understanding and give a starting point.  I call this step --Acceptance.   What is! no judging, just identifying.

2.  A system or way of looking at the situation, efforts to change it, how it changes, the degree of change and how the change is maintained is necessary to be able to accurately measure and rate improvements, efforts and the level of commitment. I call this step --Access, Appoint, and Accountability

3.  Answer the question WHY and for WHOM the changes are being made.  This step is BENEFIT, Boundaries, and Brunt 

If this question can't be answered And/OR if the answer is not measurable things need to be looked at, also the Benefit needs to be evaluated to make sure it is inline with the priorities, is "affordable to the schedule, space and financial budgets, and is Truly positive, it it causes a negative things really need to be reviewed.  

4.  A last look at Situation, the Actions taken, the effectiveness, accomplishment of goals, and the system of assessment, adjustment, accomplishment and reward/consequence.  This step is the Completion, Compiling and Compliance.

When all these steps and components of the situation and goals are identified and recorded an executable plan is created.  This plan is objectable, measurable and adjustable for long-term maintenance.  The Client keeps a copy of the plan and I have a copy to follow up with them and to provide the accountability component of the plan, they created by ACCEPTING themselves, their limitations, bad habits and circumstances. Accessing the situation OBJECTIVELY, appointing the changes needed and desired, also the Benefits that are expected and to what or whom (them or someone else), and how, when and why this plan is necessary and when it needs to be completed

This system works with anything. Administrative work, Marketing, Organizing and Arranging homes, Offices, individual spaces, notebooks, scrapbooks, etc.  If you have a situation, project or space I can use this system and make a plan and assist you in transforming it and accomplishing your goals.  Sometimes the situation and/or space will change other times, your philosophy, perspective or habits will change to accomplish your goals.  

Results vary by commitment, and diligence but a difference will be noticable.  You will learn something through the process and you get what you pay for....

If you are ready to get started.. the above is a start.  If you want the full effect call me and together we can write your plan to progress toward your goals. 

Dot Wiggins
Uniquely Organized and Utilized
http://uniquelyorganizedandutilized.com/Contact_Us_Widget_2.html
 

 

 

No comments: